Last Updated: October 18, 2019
Metastage LLC (“Metastage,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) makes holographic captures that can be used in virtual, mixed, and augmented reality products. In support of those captures, we offer an app where users can download and interact with content. Collectively, we refer to our products and services, including our mobile apps, platform, and content, as our “Services.”
Because captures made through our Services are often very personal, we take your privacy very seriously. We care deeply about the confidentiality of your projects and your captures, and we want to be completely transparent about the way we handle your personal data. We do not require the use of a login or a registration to use our Services. You can use our Services without providing a name or email address.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect certain data directly from you or automatically via your use of the Services. The data that we collect varies and may involve the following:.
- Access to Camera & Motion Sensor. In order to place your captures, or our demo content in your environment, we require access to the camera. We do not transmit the imagery seen or captured through the camera outside your device. This imagery is sent to you via the screen itself, and if pictures or videos are taken, they are stored on your local device and inaccessible to us. If you choose to share them to social media, or other outlets, these transactions happen outside our Services.
- Email Communications. If you choose to voluntarily contact us directly via email, we may retain your email and email address along with any other associated information. Doing so is completely voluntary on your part, and you have the choice about whether and what information to disclose via your email.
- Performance and Quality of Service Analytics. Information about how you access our Services, including information about the type of device you’re using, its configuration, your browser, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and how your device is performing may be collected to improve the quality of our Services and its capabilities.
- Anonymous Usage Data. Information about the features you interact with on our Services are anonymous, but may be used to help us learn what’s important to our users.
- Information about your environment, physical movements, and location when you use our Services are required to track holographic content into your environment but are not transmitted outside your device.
2. HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Use of Information by Us.
We use the information we collect to provide you with our Services. For example, we may use this information to:
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Provide technical support;
- Notify you about updates to our Services;
- Solicit and analyze input and feedback about our Services;
- Identify and address technical issues on our Services; and
- Conduct and learn from research about the ways in which people use our Services.
Legal Matters; Safety. If you chose to voluntarily contact us directly, we may, without your consent, access and disclose your information, any communications sent or received by you, and any other information that we may have about you as may be permitted or required by law or to prevent or investigate suspected fraud, violations of our Services or activity that appears to us to be illegal or may expose us to legal liability. Additionally, we may disclose your information and/or communications in situations that we believe to be: (i) emergencies involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or property if we believe that your information in any way relates to that threat; or (ii) your conduct that we believe is inappropriate and inconsistent with generally accepted norms of behavior.
3. ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Since we do not actively collect your personal information, the only information we receive from you that can be associated with you is email or phone communications that you provided to us voluntarily. If for any reason you are concerned that any information you provided to us is not correct and you wish to change or delete it, you have the ability to review and update your personal information to the extent we have it. If you would like to do so, please contact us as set forth below. You may also contact us to request access to, transfer of, or erasure of your personal information to the extent we have any. Specify the nature of your request and the information that is subject to your request.
We reserve the right not to allow access to your information or to limit your rights (e.g. if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another individual might be violated). In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent or request transfer or erasure. Please note that changes or access you request may not be effective immediately. Please also note that despite any request for removal of or change to personal information, we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
4. COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We do not track cookies or use other tracking technologies.
5. LEGAL GROUND
We rely on the following legal grounds to use your data to the extent we have any:
- Where it is needed to provide you with our Services.
- Where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, such as: managing our products and Services.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- With your consent or explicit consent, where applicable.
- For a public interest.
6. IMPORTANT DISCLOSURES, PRACTICES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
Your rights under data protection laws. Here is a list of the rights that individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal information.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information.
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”).
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it.
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”).
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding these rights please contact us via the contact information below.
Security. No data transmission over the Internet, wireless transmission or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or we transmit to you, and your use of the Services indicates that you are willing to assume this.
How long is your personal information retained by us. Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold information based on the following criteria: for as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations; for as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Services without verified parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. Teenagers under the age of 17 and over the age of 13 should encourage their parents to review this policy and to contact us if they would like to evoke our opt-out policy or to raise any concerns.
We will not change this policy to allow the collecting of your personal information without your consent.
12800 Foothill Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 91342
The power of human presence, in virtual 3D space.